Saturday 14 August 2010

I am back in the groove!!!



















At last I have found time for a little crafting and this card meets two challenges that I am keen to enter. The first is  The Play Date Cafe and the colour palette was chosen by Sarah this week, it was a little tricky not my usual choice of colour but I had a go anyway, after all it is a challenge!

















This is the challenge colours and this is my finished card.






















The background is distressed with both Bundled Sage and Peeled Paint and then stamped with two Hero Arts stamps in fact I have used 5 Hero Arts stamps in total (hope I haven't over done it ). This card also fits the challenge running over at Hero Arts this month the themes are 'Keeping in Touch' and 'Back to school'.
Its been hard to get my creative juices flowing again after the holiday but just checking out a few of my favourite blogs has helped.

Supplies: Hero Arts Stamps. S5213 Dots and Flowers, S4878 Old Letter Writing, F5158 Heart Winged Butterfly. CG119 Flourish Background . LL019 Ribbon Messages. Bundled Sage and Peeled Paint distress ink. Hero Arts Flowers.


Here are a couple more of my holiday photos, this first one is of a little church in the Piazza at  Cervo, I love the colour of the Bougainvillea plants growing all around Italy.

These colours are bound to inspire a card very soon!!!


I am sure if there had been a gust of wind this lady and her balloons in the Piazza in Torino would have taken off, the sky looks amazing in these photos and yes it really was that colour for the whole of the holiday, back in England its dark a gloomy today.
Hope you are enjoying the weekend, we are off to the Hot Air Balloon Fiesta in Bristol tomorrow, hope the weather improves!!
Sallyx

21 comments:

Barb said...

Lovely card, Sally! Your design is so unique and you rocked the challenge colors! Love all the Hero stamping! Gorgeous photos! That blue sky is fabulous! Hope you share more pics from the Hot Air Balloon Fiesta! Would LOVE to see those!

SewSuzySew said...

Beautiful! Looks like you had a wonderful holiday.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful card! Wonderful use of the colors! Glad to have you back at the PDCC!

donna mikasa said...

Love the partial stamping of your background and your take on the colors! Thanks for sharing such wonderful photos from your trip...(I thought the PDCC photo was from your trip--camels in Italy??)

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card, Sally! Your holiday are lovely, too! So wonderfuly to have you back at the Play Date Cafe!!

Anita Rex said...

So pretty Sally! I love how the square is "hanging" off the card!

Nancy said...

Love your card, Sally! Great use of the colors too. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos. Looks like it was a gorgeous day.

Mags said...

Wow what a beautiful card! I love how the green ink around the edges makes it pop. Love the stitching and distressing, lovely!

Julie Ranae said...

So glad to have you back in The Cafe with us once again and I must say I am glad that you are up for a challenge because this card is lovely : )
We appreciate your support of our challenge over at The Play Date Cafe.

Vanessa said...

This is so beautiful!! Love it, Sally! Great photos, too!

Dawn T said...

Lovely card Sally. Love your wonderful photos. I was talking with my SIL in London this morning and she said it was a bit wet and cooler.... :-( will need to pack some warmer clothes I think... know it will be warmer in France and Italy... but not so in England

Deirdre said...

Oh Wow Sally, looks like you had a wonderful time. Love seeing the beautiful photos from Italy. Your card is just stunning.

Lin said...

I LOVE your card, Sally, and the pictures are a real bonus today - thanks!

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely card, wonderful use of this weeks colors. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I'll say--this is A WONDERFUL WONDERFUL card--I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it! You rocked these colors--that butterfly is beautiful! Love that ribbon--just love it all around:) Great job! Thanks for playing along and joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Arlene said...

Wow.. the sky was fantastic - so blue!

The card is beautiful - what an unusual design... love it.. the colors worked so well with the design.

Jean Franks Beck said...

This card is soooo pretty!! I love the butterfly on that brown polka dot paper. And your photos are fab!

Elise said...

YOU are SOOOOO cute! I'm pretty sure your creative juices have returned with El Nino force! This card is EXCELLENT! I'm SO excited by your use of the PDCC colors - I'm tempted to try AGAIN!!! {Hee Hee} I love it, dear! Not to mention, those delightful and dreamy vacation photos... I'm so glad you recovered enough, so that you could dazzle us with this lovely piece! Great job!

Alice said...

beautiful card! love the unique design, too! thanks for sharing your beautiful vacation photos, too!

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Gorgeous card Sally - bet it was great to be crafting again after your hols.... love the photos too.

Tina
X

Pauline said...

Beautiful card, a really lovely combination of the colours.