Tuesday 24 August 2010

Tea Party Invites



















As promised here is a photograph of the project I have been busy with for the last few days, a colleague at school has asked me to make invitations for a 90th Birthday Party.  Her MIL is 90 in October and they are having a Tea Party for her.






















It took me ages to decide which stamp to use, she wanted flowers, so this Brocade stamp seemed perfect, I love the way it looks like chintzy wallpaper.  I stamped the image and embossed in clear, then distressed with Tea Dye ink.






















I was inspired by this project by Jennifer McGuire to add a sentiment to your base card.  After following the tutorial  I added  "Lets Celebrate" and adjusted the colour to silver grey.

Supplies:Hero Arts CG198 Paper Art.  Tea Dye Distress Ink. Ribbon and Pearls.  Spellbinders Scalloped Ovals.

Hope you are having a great week, only 10 more days and the school summer holiday is over, as always its whizzed by and I have only done a few of the things I was hoping to do, never mind!
Sallyx

13 comments:

Lin said...

Beautiful, Sally - job well done! I must try to do a sentiment on the computer,too; it sounds daunting to me, getting it in just the right place, but it would open up a whole new world, being able to say exactly what you want.

Nat said...

Hi Sally, This brocade stamp is a perfect choice for a tea party invite. Beautiful design!!Love how you positioned the ribbon and added the pearls!! :)

Barb said...

That happens to me all the time, Sally. I have such good intentions for getting tons done, and it never happens! Could have something to do with this hobby of ours! LOVE these invites! So beautiful with the embossed image and colors you chose!

AGohl said...

very cute cards. :)

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Gorgeous cards! Lucky recipient of your invitations. :)

Lynda said...

These are so so pretty Sally.

Love Lynda xxx

Virginia L. said...

So classy and beautiful! Perfect tea invites, Sally!!

Vicky said...

Fabulous design Sally, so pretty. I do so love red. :)xx

Jennifer said...

pretty!

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful Sally! Love the embossing :)

Deirdre said...

Sally, these are just beautiful - how lovely to receive one in the post.

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Sally

I think your friend at school will be delighted with this set of invitations - they are gorgeous.

Tina
X

Alice said...

wow! these are gorgeous, Sally! LOVE how you stamped the flowers and the embossing!