Sunday 29 August 2010

In the Forest!



















Jenny's challenge this week over at the Wee Memories blog is called "In the forest", this card is another that's out of my comfort zone I much prefer the flowery, pretty style, I find it hard to do cute.  Never mind I am up for a challenge and will have a go at anything!!
















The only animal type stamp I have is the Hero Arts "Spot the Dog" and the Baby Deer but,  when I first started stamping the lovely Kathy sent me some images to practice with and this Owl was amongst them. Perfect for this challenge, I coloured him with copics then added some googly eyes, the background sky is embossed and then distressed with Tumbled Glass, around the moon I have also added Scattered Straw ink.  (What would we do without Distress Inks I use them on almost every card I make!! )
Hope you are having a good weekend.
Sallyx
Supplies: Hero Arts Owl Stamp. Embossing folders Swirl and Snow.  Distress inks, Tumbled Glass and Scattered Straw. Hero Arts Jems.

14 comments:

Tiffany Ervin said...

Darling, love the big owl and that one flourish straight across the card, beautiful design!

Anonymous said...

Sally this is gorgeous! I love how you created the night sky and that owl is too cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Wee Memories :)

Barb said...

What a great looking owl, Sally! Wonderful the way you've placed him on the swirly branch and your sky is so creative!

Court said...

I love all the embossing! Thanks for playing this week at Wee Memories!

Alice said...

awww... this is so cute, Sally! that owl makes me smile!! =)

stampingandstitching said...

Sally, I'd never have guessed you found it hard to do cute - your card is adorable! Wonderful colouring on the owl and I love the gorgeous bg and flourish branch!

Kelly Booth said...

So cute Sally...I LOVE that Owl!!

Dotty Jo said...

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! Love that owl Sally, and big congrats on your win over at the ribbon thingy site! Jo x

Deirdre said...

Sally - just spotted you are a winner over on the ribbon girl blog.

Check it out here http://ribbongirls.blogspot.com/2010/08/we-have-winners.html

Congrats to you...woohoo... cheer you up since you have to go back to school this week!

Jenny said...

Soooo cute Sally, I just love it!! :) :) :) :) :) Thanks for playing as always sweetie!

Jane said...

This is AWESOME! LOVE it!

Nat said...

super card Sally, love this owl design!! Great layers too :) Best of luck with the Woodland challenge :)

Suzanne C said...

Love this! So fun! The owl is fantastic!

Laurel said...

so cute, love the eyes! Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories!