Sunday 6 March 2022

Snowflakes are winters butterflies!




The Christmas Kickstart challenge for this month is " Snowflakes are winters butterflies" and as I have not long had this gorgeous snowflake embossing folder from Simon Says  I knew it would be perfect.

First I embossed my die cut background and distressed with Cracked Pistachio and Salty Ocean Oxide inks.  I then cut the S,N and W in silver glitter card and white card using Altenew's bold alphabet dies,  layering them up for more dimension. The snowflakes were cut in various colours and layered  adding a gem to the middle.


A very simple card to put together and very sparkly too.



 I will also add this card to the SSS Wednesday challenge "Add a die cut" and the SSS Flickr group challenge ,"Favourite Technique"

Hope you are enjoying your weekend.


Hugs

Sally

5 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

That embossing folder now rushes to the top of my wish list, Sally! Your card is gorgeous and i love your colour palette and use of the showflakes as the letter 'o' in your sentiment. Thanks for joining Carol and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Maria said...

Such a gorgeous card with the beautiful background of lovely snowflakes! Perfect sparkly sentiment, too!

Dawn T said...

Delightfully beautiful Sally. Love the colours of the background.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous background with that embossing folder, Sally!! Especially love the jumbo SNOW with the layered snowflake O!!

Inkyfingers said...

I absolutely love the texture that your embossing folder added to this card, Sally and the ink blending is just perfect. Love that you substituted the snowflakes for the O too.
Thanks for sharing with Jo and me at Christmas Kickstart Challenge.
Hugs
Carol x