Saturday 7 October 2023

Christmas Kickstart Challenge!




I had another chance to play along with the Christmas Kickstart Challenge in memory of Janis Woolbright. I went hunting again on Pintrest for some free digital images and found this cute image of a fun loving cat and his mistletoe.


I printed the image and coloured with my Zig markers, then distressed the background with Oxide inks.  These cute little hearts are a die set from Simon Says, I have layered some on foam dots for added dimension and then added the pearl berries. Next I mounted it on some red glitter card and then a white background run through an old star embossing folder.


Its been fun making these cat themed cards and I have someone in mind to receive them at Christmas.

Hopefully the sun is coming out here today so I am off to Lyme Regis to sit on the beach and maybe have an ice cream. Have a great weekend.

Hugs

Sally

13 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is so special, Sally! I've made a little Pinterest search and found these fun illustrations - thank you for that little bit of enabling. I love how you've coloured this little guy. So often it's your addition of little details that give your cards that extra wow factor. Who else would have added teeny hearts and pearls for mistletoe? You are clever. Thanks for playing again at Janis's special challenge, Jo x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Another darling orange kitty, Sally, & I love the bitty die cut hearts!!

Suzanne H said...

I love this fat cat!!! My niece had a picture book (she's in her forties now) about a fat cat. How we used to laugh when reading it. Thanks so much for joining in at Christmas Kickstart. Helpful Hopper Suzanne

KT Fit Kitty said...

So super sweeeeeeet! I like how you coloured this adorable mistletoe kitty and I like the added hearts, so cute! I would definitely meet this cutie-patootie under the mistletoe and give him a big cuddle! Thanks so much for joining us again at the Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge! I hope you'll come back with some more adorable Christmas kitty cards!

Becca Yahrling said...

OMG, he is well fed, isn't he?! LOL And he wants more! ;-) Terrific coloring and love all the layers.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I'm hopping from the Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge. How fun face has this fat cat! Love the hearts added!

papierelle said...

Yes, you can do it that way too... *LOL* But I doubt he needs it, he's so cute, you want to cuddle and kiss him.

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Such a super cute card! And amazing coloring!!! What a cheerful and festive Christmas card! Love it! Thanks for joining us at the The Cat Lover's Christmas Challenge!

Carole J said...

Who could resist this cuddly cat bearing mistletoe - certainly not I! Beautiful card, Sally - the hearts are a wonderful addition and the mistletoe beads are gorgeous details. I love the layering too!
Thank you for joining the special Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge in memory of our dear friend, Janis Woolbright. x

mandysea said...

This made me giggle..its just like a cat to have its own mistletoe and loving on itself! So cute and also fun! Love your shading and the bit of glitter, always a winner for Christmas!

Denise Bryant said...

Love this cute kitty! Adorable card!

Ellibelle said...

Another wonderful cat card, Sally, love the addition of the hearts!
xEllie, hopping along in the Cat Lovers Christmas Kickstart challenge.
Ellibelle's Corner

Bunny said...

Beautiful coloring. What a nice free image to color up. Your card is so cute. I don't have Pinterest but maybe I should. [Bunny]