Wednesday 3 March 2021

Green Christmas!!


 



Another month and another challenge at the Christmas Kickstart blog, this month the theme is "Green Christmas".  I was hunting through my embossing folders and found this really old one from Cuttlebug so decided to have a play.  I inked the folder in a green pigment ink and ran through the card, then I added some clear shimmer embossing powder to give the background a gorgeous sparkle (very hard to photograph). I then added the red gems and sentiment and layered up onto white card. Finally sticking to a red card base.



Green is not a go to colour for me but this turned out prettier than I thought!!



Went for a lockdown walk in the local park and found this gorgeous display of crocuses, looks like spring is on the way at last!!

Hugs
Sally


3 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card, Sally! The green inking/embossing looks amazing. I tried something similar this morning and well, let's just say it didn't come out looking this good! Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Dawn T said...

stunning Sally - such a beautiful background on your embossed panel.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the effect you achieve with that Christmas tree folder, Sally!! Oh how I love crocuses too - thanks for sharing the photo!! Hopefully mine will be peeking out soon!