Sunday 28 March 2021

Spring Flowers!


Looking at the SSS Wednesday Challenge mood board and I was inspired to make this Spring Birthday card.

First I created the back panel by distressing the slimline blank with Cracked Pistachio Oxide ink and then using the Simon Says Tea Dance stencil distressed again. 


I then Stamped and embossed in white the flowers from the "Even More Spring Flowers" stamp set, I then water coloured with Zig Brush Markers and fussy cut out.



I next layered and glued the flowers to the card base and then added some pearls. The scalloped base was distressed with Squeezed Lemonade Oxide ink  and then foam taped them together for added dimension.




I shall also add this card to the current SSS Flickr Challenge "Use a Stencil" , These colours really make my heart sing, Spring at its best!!!

Have a great weekend

Hugs
Sally

6 comments:

Lin said...

What lovely details, Sally - I love everything about this design!

Betty said...

Love it!! all the soft colors are so pretty and wonderful design!

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Sally. A really beautiful card.

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: Sally, your cards are always so beautiful! This is a wonderful and beautiful Spring card. Happy Spring! 🏡🌺🌻🌸 mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

Heather said...

Oh wow Sally, fabulous card! So many gorgeous layers and you have done a wonderful job colouring the flowers. Love it!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Amazing slimline, Sally! Wish I would've gotten here quicker, I would have asked you to add this to the Die Cut Diva March challenge - oh well... Gorgeous flowers and I love that scalloped die cut panel too!!