Monday 19 April 2010

April CCC


This month I took part in the April Card Chain Challenge organised by the lovely Deborah.  She sets three challenges, a sketch, a colour theme and a subject and you choose which you prefer to use. 
I received this stunning card from Barb in America, she followed the sketch and made this beauty she also sent me a little gift of some embellishments, including these lovely butterflies.
This is the card I sent to Deirdre in Ireland, I also followed the sketch, The stamps are all Hero Arts , I paperpieced the poppies and  added some black seed beads to them. This challenge is great fun, its lovely to receive a beautiful handmade card and you are never quite sure which country it is coming from!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are such lovely cards!

Sanne said...

Lucky you Sally to receive such a beauty from Barb - love your card, too :0)

Alice said...

awww... both cards are so pretty, Sally! don't you just love Deborah's CCC? it's such a fun challenge! =)

Nancy said...

Your pieced poppies are beautiful, Sally! I love how you used the sketch. Barb's card is a beauty too, how fun to have it among your collection.
blessings,
nancy

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous cards - love how you stamped the poppies, Jo x

Vicky said...

Fabulous Sally. I do love your paper piecing. :) xx

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful exchange of cards! Love your take on the design. I cheated and used twine for the stripes. :)

Deirdre said...

Love what you received Sally. I adore my card and it is sitting on my desk in front of me as I type. Thanks again for a wonderful creation. Hugs.

Nancy said...

Your card is amazing, Sally...I love the paper-pieced poppies, they are just gorgeous! Barb did a lovely job on her card for you, too! I love how different the cards are even though using the same sketch, such wonderful creativity!
bless you,
nancy