Friday 23 April 2010

Die cut challenge
























This is my forth week as guest designer for The Daring Cardmakers  and this weeks challenge has been set by Keryn. The challenge is "Die Cuts"

It's Keryn here this week and I've been lucky enough to get my hands on a 'Big Shot' die cut machine and I'm loving it. I want any excuse I can find to make cards, well anything really using die cuts. This week I want you to play with me. Dig out your dies and your die cut machine. Cut shapes of any size and theme you please and use at least one on your card for this week.


This week their is a small prize of a Stampin' Up!® little leaves Sizzlit die so please check out the blog and have a go!!

This is the card I have made, sorry about the photograph not my best, the petals of the daisy's are distressed with Worn Lipstick distress ink but they just seem to look a dirty brown colour.  I have added some yellow glitter to the daisy centres.

Lucky me as its a five week month I have one more week to go as the guest designer!

Supplies: Daisy Die by Quickutz.  Swirl by Sizzix. Square by Spellbinders.

16 comments:

Alice said...

oh! those daisies are lovely!! love you sweet card, sally!

Rika said...

Wonderful card sally, love the flowers.

Dotty Jo said...

This is just so pretty and spring-like Sally. Love your background and the placement of those sweet pearls. The flowers look great and really stand out because of your subtle distressing. I find worn lipstick is a difficult colour to work with as it is so brown for a pinky shade, but please don't think the flowers look dirty as they really do not! Jo x

Nancy said...

So pretty, Sally. Love the flowers with the glitter.

Lythan said...

this is so pretty Sally and the flowers don't look dirty to me - just a dusky pink!

Lynda said...

This is such a pretty card Sally - those flowers look so lovely against the script background - love it!

Love Lynda xxx

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE this Sally...so Perfectly Pretty!!

Virginia L. said...

So gorgeous, Sally! I like how you used the diecut to show off the lovely daisies and the dlicate leaves.

Suzanne C said...

Love this card! Beautiful use of the die cuts and mixed with a gorgeous background!

donna mikasa said...

This is so pretty, Sally! Love the daisies against the flourish/stem and the faint writing on the Nestie scallop square. And that red checked ribbon is perfect! Glad you are enjoying your DT spot!

PawwPadd said...

Hi,
This card is a lovely work of art as are so many of your others. Thanks for sharing.
www.pawwpadd-caseyspitterpatterchatter.blogspot.com

PS. You are one of my favorites!

Lynn said...

I love your card and the daisies are gorgeous! I saw your pic on the clipncuts blog hop and just wanted to say hi and see what other fab creations are out there!
Lynn :)

Puddle Jumpers Studio said...

Stunning, just love it. The hint of pink is a super creative touch.
Thank you for the inspiration.:)

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Sally

Another great card full of inspiration! I bet you are loving being GD!

Tina
X

neli said...

Amazing card i love the colors!!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Your card is lovely. Great job Thanks for sharing.