Friday 2 April 2010

Guest Designer!!!



I have some really exciting news to share today, I have been asked to be the guest designer for the Daring Cardmakers for the month of April. I really can't believe they have asked me I am so thrilled and still in shock!
I have had a blog for just seven months and have always hoped that one day I could be a guest designer, I am so lucky to have been asked by them as they really are a very talented bunch!!



The first challenge was quite difficult and very stressful as the theme is the birthstone for April which is "Diamond". I wanted to do something a little different and my first thought was that diamonds are clear and glass like so an acetate card would fit the bill. I also found a lovely sparkly button in my mums old button tin and knew it would be perfect. The music paper is a favourite of mine at the moment, I found some vintage sheet music in a charity shop and it works well as backing paper.
I am really looking forward to my month of challenges, thank you Daring Cardmakers for giving me this opportunity.

Supplies: Stamp and Digital Butterfly Hero Arts. White Stayzon.

13 comments:

Alice said...

congratulations on your guest DT spot, Sally!! so happy for you! i love your beautiful clear card! have a happy Easter!

Lynda said...

Hi Sally - what a fabulous card love your thinking behind the Diamond Dare - fabulous blingy button too. It's beautiful.

Love Lynda xxx

Els said...

Congratulations, Sally! Well deserved!! This card is stunning!!!

Nancy said...

Congratulations, Sally! So happy for you. Well deserved! Have a Happy Easter!

Lythan said...

this is a beautiful, beautiful card. We are so lucky to have you designing with us this month

Dotty Jo said...

That's great news Sally and so well deserved!!!! Love your card, its a beauty! Jo x

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Sally

I'm so thrilled for you - its a dream for a lot of us I guess! You too are a very talented lady and deserve your position as Guest Designer. Will have to keep watch on Daring Cardmakings now to see what you get up to!

Well done Sally. BTW Love your first challenge card - I do love acetate and that button is just fab!

Tina
XX

Nancy said...

Congrats, Sally! I'm thrilled for you. And with this amazing card it's easy to see why you were chosen as a Guest Designer. All of your wonderful skills are on display here in this elegant sparkling birthday card.
blessings,
nancy

donna mikasa said...

Congrats, Sally! Of course it was just a matter of time....Your cards are always so well designed. Love your acetate card, too! The music paper piece is the perfect touch!

Vicky said...

Fabulous card Sally love that button and the music paper. Big congrats on the guest designer spot, well deserved. :)xx

Anonymous said...

its great to have you aboard the DCM team and your first challenge card is a stunner!

Natty said...

Gorgeous card Sally, I love the sheet music with that acetate card - just perfect!

Suzanne C said...

Congrats Sally! I love this card!!! It really is beautiful! You are totally deserving of the guest DT!