Friday 16 April 2010

Getting in a Flap!!



This week Kathy has set the challenge at The Daring Cardmakers and what a challenge it is!! Really sent my poor little brain into overdrive, I wanted to make something special as its for my guest Design Team spot!!

Getting in a Flap
I'd like to see cards with flaps this week. Little flaps that you lift up or open out to see a secret "something" hidden behind or bigger flaps that form part of the actual card. Maybe even little birdies with wings that really "flap" As long as it's a flap that lifts up from your card it will count - just flat images of a bird or butterfly flapping it's wings won't!
I played around with bits of card for ages trying to come up with an idea and eventually made this card with a secret opening on the front which you get to by undoing the bow.



As you can see my favorite stamp of the moment has been used again, the lovely Poppy stamp from Hero Arts!



The flaps open to reveal the Birthday message inside. I did enjoy making this card and will probably use this design again as I am really pleased with the effect.

Hope you all have a great weekend, looks like the sun is going to shine here. We are off to a wedding this afternoon hope it warms up a little!

14 comments:

Vanessa said...

This is so clever! Love your creative card! I hope we'll have lots of sunshine and that the volcano ashes stay away...

Hugs,
Vanessa

Alice said...

this is so pretty! love the unique opening!!

Kathy said...

It's an absolutely stunning card and looks as though it took forever! I love the poppy on the front

Rika said...

Just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card and really inventive. :)

Dawnll said...

So glad I found your blog from clips n cuts. What beautiful creations you have. I am thrilled to become a follower. Wouldn't want to miss anything.

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Sally

What a lovely take on the getting in a flap challenge - you are such a great designer - such inspiration.

Tina
X

Lynda said...

It really is an amazing card Sally - love it! That stamp is a beauty too.

Love Lynda xxx

Jill said...

SOOO creative and beautiful, toO!!

Nancy said...

wow, Sally, what a beautiful card! I love the surprise element with the flaps that open to reveal the message. Lovely job!

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely! What a clever design Sally, Jo x

Sanne said...

wow wow wow Sally LOVE this - such a great design! Love your new blog header, too :=)

Janice said...

What a clever flap card. Brilliant!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely fold! Great hidden message and beautiful image!