Sunday 25 April 2010

Monochromatic





















Made this card with a free digital image from Mel's Blog, if you haven't visited this blog you really must, she makes the most amazing cards and projects that are complete works of art! I really love her style and when I saw these free images I had to use them! This is a birthday card for a friends daughter, she loves fashion so thought it was perfect. I am adding the sentiment after I take the photograph as I am going to add her name to the front.























I am going to enter this in the current Caardvarks challenge for monochromatic cards, I have used two shades of Core-dinations card for the background, the darker one is embossed with the cuttlebug swirls and the second piece uses the button border.
I have a few card orders for this weekend so I am glad its overcast today or I would be itching to get into the garden.
Hope you are having a great weekend and thanks for all the wonderful comments you are leaving, I really do appreciate them all.

12 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Sally, I thought of you when I saw these images over at Mel's!!!! They are great aren't they. They really remind me of when I was learning to sew at school and I had to pick a pattern from Rackhams in Birmingham. Love your card, especially the shades of pink! Jo x

Nancy said...

How CHIC is this lovely card?!! It's perfect for a fashionista, great job Sally!

Sanne said...

Great card Sally!

Deirdre said...

Sally, FAB card. Love it.

Looks like the voting is open now... TGF obviously had technical issues today... so hopefully it is resolved now.

Link is here http://splendidstamping.blogspot.com/2010/04/tgf-royal-battle-finale.html

Thanks so much. Deirdre

Virginia L. said...

What a fun card, Sally! Love the added purse as the embellishment! Simply fantatic,Sally!

Vanessa said...

Such a pretty card! Love the vintage image!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Alice said...

very pretty! LOVE the image!

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Sally

Love that button border - will have to look out for that one! Gorgeous colour combo too.

Speak soon

Tina
X

Lydia said...

Fantasic, love the text and texture

Amy C said...

Wonderful card!! I love the embossing and stitching. Thanks for joining us at Caardvarks!!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

How fabulous!!! LOVE the monochrom in pink...with all that funky gorgeous texture. (How perfect are the buttons embossed? And the purse! So lovely. Thank you so much for using the image & for your sweet words. You made my day in a HUGE way! hugs, :o) mel

Suzanne C said...

Fantastic use of the images. Love that you put the fun paper in the outfits. Beautiful!