Saturday 3 April 2010

Feeling Blue!



This is this weeks colour challenge at The Play Date Cafe and although blue isn't a colour I use very often I have enjoyed this challenge and have ended up making two cards for it.



This card is using one of my new Hero Arts stamps Poppy Background. First I stamped a piece of BasicGrey paper with Wheat Grass in Chipped Sapphire Distress ink and let it dry. I then stamped again with the Poppy background ,versamark ink and enbossed in clear. The poppy heads were stamped and embossed again on patterned paper and then cut out and pop dotted to the card. The photograph is a little dark as the blues are quite bright!

This is the second card I have made, it was all based around the butterfly that I had stamped and coloured a few weeks ago and hadn't used.
Hope you are all having a lovely Easter weekend, the weather is ment to brighten up here tomorrow so I hope to get into the garden.

17 comments:

Alice said...

love that you stamped the poppy background over the grass! both cards are beautiful and elegant!

donna mikasa said...

You do blue very well! Love both your cards with different shades of blue!

Tracey said...

WOW Sally!!! LOVE how you combined those two stamps in the first card!!!

Dotty Jo said...

Oh Sally, these are both stunning! I love blue and white combos and these are just wonderful. I really like both cards but I have to say that card one is a triumph! You have such a wonderful style. Have a lovely Easter Sunday, Jo x

Els said...

Gorgeous cards, Sally!! I love the one with the poppies a lot! I am really struggling with the blues. But this gives me some inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

Ruby said...

Very pretty cards Sally! I particularly like your first one where the flowers have little pearls. Thanks for playing along with us again this week at the Play Date Cafe challenge. Look forward to seeing what you create next week!

Deirdre said...

Sally - just beautiful. Hope you enjoy the Easter break.

CrazyStampinWomen Nancy said...

Just stunning! I especially like the poppy card. Thank you for sharing.

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful cards! Love the dimension on the popped up flowers, thanks for playing along at the PDCC.

Suzanne C said...

Wow! Love both of these! The poppies are gorgeous and love the background. The heart charm and your beautiful butterfly are only accented by the gorgeous background. Happy to see you playing again in the PDCC challenge!

Sanne said...

OMG! Love these Sally! That blue color is popping!!!!!!

Tiffany Ervin said...

These are such amazing cards, love what you've been doing with that poppy stamp, gorgeous!

Traceyr said...

Beautiful card love the shape. :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful creations, Sally! such lovely blues! Thanks for playing with the PDCC!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW--these are both beautiful! Love that background shimmer and the pearls! Love that butterfly too--becoming my fav image to use!! Thanks for joining us over at the PDCC!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Both are gorgeous cards - just love that Poppy background stamp.

Wendy -x-

Anonymous said...

beautiful cards!