Friday 30 April 2010

Guest Designer!!!




















This is my last week as Guest Designer at The Daring Cardmakers Blog and I have really enjoyed myself over the past month. The different challenges have really set me thinking which is good for my little grey cells!! The first challenge gave me a few sleepless nights, it was to make a card with the April birthstone as inspiration.  For April the stone is Diamond which really threw me as they are clear, so no colour for a base but in the end I made an acetate card, after that I had more confidence and enjoyed all the challenges.

This week its 
Easel Does it
This weeks challenge is to make an easel card. There's a big clue in the title, huh?
They are so very popular at the moment but I'm hoping at least some of you will be up for my extra "sting in the tail" to this Dare - I don't want it to be too easy, you know....what I'd really love is to see what type of shape (other than a square) you can come up with using the basic Easel card idea.
So you can go for the easy option and make the simple version of the easel card, or if you're brave enough,go for the shaped option.

This is my shaped easel card cut with my labels8 nestie die, I have noticed that sewing seems to be a popular theme on lots of the blogs and stamp sites so here is my Easel sewing card. The sewing machine is a Hero Arts dgital kit called "Sew Crafty" I printed off the image coloured it with copics and the covered it with glossy accent to give it the shine. The background is Core-dinates paper witch I dry embossed and then sanded, the edge is handstitched.

I just want to say a big thank you Daring Cardmakers for choosing me to feature on their blog, I am thrilled that they thought my cards were good enough.

As this is a monochromatic card I am entering it in the current Caardvarks challenge.

12 comments:

Lythan said...

that's amazing Sally - ingenious. Yuo are such a great cardmaker - thanks for joining us at DCM :)

Rika said...

Great card, love the sewing theme!

Lynda said...

This is fabulous Sally and ALL your cards have been amazing - I've loved having you around these last few weeks. Thanks for being a great 'Guest'.

Love Lynda xxx

Anonymous said...

Yet another wonderful card for DCM...its been fab having you on the team x

Vicky said...

Fabulous card Sally, the shape goes so well with the sewing theme - brilliant! :)xx

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Sally

I can't believe that your month is up! that has gone so quickly - I've enjoyed looking at your creations for their challenges mind you I always love your cards.

Speak soon

Tina
X

Alice said...

very pretty easel card, Sally! LOVE that sewing machine!!! =)

Jill said...

I just adore your creations with this digital set!

Arlene said...

Love this easel card - wonderful theme... love the shape too.

Suzanne C said...

Fantastic design! Love the strip from the tape measure what a clever idea. Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Another gorgeous and stylish card. You're so creative. :) x

Rachel said...

Wow! This card is gorgeous - you are very creative.

Wedgie xxx