Friday 9 April 2021

Birthday Shadow Box Card!

I had so much fun making the Shadow Box Card here that I decided to have another go and make a child's Birthday card with the Heffy Doodle " Elephant of Surprise" stamp set.  I wanted to make it look like the elephant was floating away with the bunch of balloons.



I created the background using a handmade cloud stencil and the Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink I then added the die cut village scene.  I stamped and die cut the elephant and balloons and coloured with zig markers.



I also decided to add the dry embossed panel to the front as the circles made me think of more balloons.  The Happy Birthday sentiment is from Simon Says and I have cut this in glittery orange card for added sparkle.

I am thrilled with the end result, such a fun card and perfect for a child!  I am adding this card to the Wednesday Challenge at Simon Says which is Happy Birthday. and the Die Cut Diva's challenge "Window or Aperture card"


 

Have a great weekend

Hugs

Sally

3 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling shadow box card, Sally!! Just love all the balloons and the elephant in the window. Please consider adding this at Die Cut Divas where we have a window theme this month!!
https://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/2021/04/lets-open-window-with-poppy-stamps.html

Michelle N. said...

Wow-what an awesome card! I love the subtle embossing that supports your balloons, and the whole scene is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

Arlene said...

Absolutely adorable. The embossed panel adds a lot, but the dear elephant takes my heart. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our aperture/window card challenge.