Thursday 15 April 2021

Rainbow Christmas!

As you know if you follow my blog I love to make Christmas cards and I have found a new Challenge Blog "CAS Christmas"   This months theme is "Rainbow" which was a real challenge as they are not my usual go to colours for Christmas.  Once I had thought of a theme this card was fun to make, I always love a shaker card!!



I used the Simon Says "Pile of Gifts" die to make a shaker card with a rainbow background made by painting with Distress Oxides. I added some Iced Sherbet sequins from Lucy's Little Things. I then glues it to a pure white card blank.  I decided it looked a bit plain and not really Christmassy enough to then added the die cut "Chunky Tree " also from Simon Says infilled with gold glitter card for even more sparkle.


 The sentiment is an older Hero Arts one which I have embossed in gold. 


I will also add this card to the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge "Clean and Simple" and also the SSS Flickr Challenge "Anything Goes"


Lockdown is at last easing off here in the UK and I am looking forward to seeing my kids for the first time in 6 months this weekend.  We are meeting in the New Forest for a picnic and to celebrate my sons and Husbands birthdays , both on Monday "A very expensive time for me LOL ).  Still have to celebrate a late Christmas but we are going to do that at the end of May when they are all allowed to stay over at our house, I can't wait for that!!

Have a great weekend

Hugs

Sally

6 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a gorgeous presents die cut and you created such a lovely shaker card with it! love the pastel rainbow colors and the touches of gold! thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a wonderful shaker card with the CAS Christmas pastel theme, Sally!! Love the gold too!!

Dawn T said...

what a gorgeous pastel rainbow background. Great shaker card.

Trina P. said...

Fabulous shaker. Love the sparkle, which I agree makes it Christmassy. Thank you for brightening up the gallery at CAS Christmas.

Loll said...

Your design is AMAZING, Sally! LOVE the pretty rainbow shaker card. That has to be the prettiest pile of gifts I've ever seen! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas. Enjoy your time with your family this weekend!!

Susan said...

Love the rainbow behind the gifts! What a great idea to make a shaker card! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas!